Thursday, July 26, 2007

Banana Bread Recipe



When I was first diagnosed and all my lovely Aunties were asking me if there was "anything they could do?" I always offer up this recipe and ask them to bake me something! It's awesome...

Notes:
* Exchange 1 1/2 Cups of regular sugar for half that amount in Splenda baking sugar.

Ingredients
1/2 cup Shortening (I use butter)
1 1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Eggs
4 Mashed Bananas (medium/large)
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 cup Water
3 cup Flour
1 cup crushed nuts

Directions
Cream shortening, sugar and salt.
Add eggs and bananas.
Dissolve soda in water.
Add soda water and other ingredients into the batter.
Bake at 350F for 1 hour.

ONE 2" SLICE = 2 SLICES OF TOAST

1 comment:

siena said...

just found your blog now that we have internet access again!! love the photos of your mum's garden in rainny season! watch out for those bartenders though - what a scary story!

cheers

jb