Sunday, July 15, 2007

A "Heritage" treasure found

I was going through the nearly 10 megs of photos on my mp3 player when I realized that this had become the dumping ground...the spare room....the digital attic. I have been stashing things on here "for safety" and realized that I need to purge, and bad.

You know when you realize there are things in your attic (or garage) that you haven't seen in a year but have been put there for it's own safety...this is the time to purge.

Here are some gems that survived the cutting room floor...



I was working for the sponsor of Reggae Sunsplash and needed to get artist "drops" to put in the radio ads for the concert. So I called June from the Sunsplash office and asked her to work with me on a list of artists coming into Kingston during the months preceding the show. We compiled a huge list of artists and began booking them one-by-one, getting some of the funniest and poignant moments I've had with artists in many years.



The band Morgan Heritage are incredibly talented, vocally skilled, songwriters who have been in the business all their lives. They are a family and 2nd generation at that! They do a super job of writing gorgeous lyrics with musical and vocal harmonies and mixes I really liked.



We met them at a local recording studio. There are photos of Bob Marley and all the other great artists everywhere. It is sparse but once you enter the actual studio and booth...it is deep, sound proof and full of history.





No comments: